SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide
Launch TV Safety InitiativeThe times have changed and everything is smaller, lighter, and easier to use. Which made many american's switch to flat panel tv's for their home. Have you ever noticed how easily your new TV tips over on its small flimsy base? I know I have, and that is why we went with a Sanus TV wall mount. I did not want my children to be playing around the tv and happen to pull it over on themselves or each other. You can say "if parent's watched their kids that wouldn't happen". That statement is true, however there are times my children are alone, like when I'm preparing dinner, switching the loads in the laundry, or even letting the dog out to go potty. What if I was on the couch while my child was playing on the floor and their siblings ran in the room bumping the TV, the TV comes crashing down, hopefully no one was below it. So just because your usually there with your children don't mean accident's don't happen. If your always with your children or not an unmounted tv is an accident waiting to happen.
Bringing this risk to the forefront, SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide. By educating consumers on the risk of unsecured flat panel TV’s, SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide offer safe solutions for families across the nation by reducing TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
· A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
· Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
· Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
· An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
· Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
SANUS TV Mounting Tips:
· Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walk through of simple installation available at any time
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week
Don’t become a statistic. Visit TVsafety.org today and pledge to make your home safer by mounting your TV. You can connect with the SANUS TV Safety initiative online or on Facebook and Twitter (#TVsafety).
Sanus Full Motion Wall Mount F180
available for purchase at Walmart.com for only $149.00
Fits most 47" – 70" flat-panel TVs — extends 14"
The SANUS VuePoint F180 is a versatile full-motion wall mount solution for most 47" – 70" flat-panel TVs up to 130 lbs. Its full range of movement allows smooth extend, tilt, swivel and roll motions up to 14" from the wall without the use of tools. The F180 tilts ±11º with the touch of a finger, making it easy to reduce glare. Cable management tie clips conceal and organize cables the length of the mount for a seamless appearance. Lateral shift ensure perfect TV placement, even with off-center wall studs.
No tools required to extend, tilt, swivel or roll the TV
Post-installation micro-adjustment ensures TV is level
Lateral shift allows TV to slide left and right for perfect TV placement, even with off-center studs
Cable management tie clips protect and organize cables
Includes easy-to-follow installation instructions
UL-listed for quality and safety assurance